We aspire to continuously reinforce the necessity for fully engaging the community in our work at Hutchinson Health. As a committee, our efforts will help Hutchinson Health to enhance transparent, high-quality care for every patient and our surrounding community.
The Hutchinson Health Health & Well-Being Advisory Committee will serve to guide Hutchinson Health to fulfill its vision of, “Health as it could be, affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust.” The HWAC will seek to engage individual community members and organizations as partners to offer input and advocate for community needs and provide their perspective as partners within the health care delivery system.
The purpose of the HWAC is to:
- Promote a better understanding of the principles of population health among individuals, organizations and Hutchinson Health employees
- Serve as the eyes and ears for Hutchinson Health and provide resources and services to meet the health and well-being needs of our community.
- Identify focus and scope of health and well-being as related to the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and organizational mission.
- Recommend a strategy and course of action that will lead to measurable improvements in the health of the community.
- Promote community understanding of the role of Hutchinson Health in community health improvement.
- Ensure that Hutchinson Health’s work to improve health with our community remains a collective action with engaged community partners and not exclusively ours.
A Health and Well-being Advisor can expect to:
- Attend HWAC meetings and provide input in other ways. Participation is voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time with notice. A two year commitment is requested with option to serve multiple terms
- Have a safe environment to share honest and courageous conversations about how Hutchinson Health, community organizations and individual community members are collectively serving as agents of change or barriers to changing the health of our community
- Be listened to and respected for their insight and suggestions
- Be invited to attend educational sessions