That’s what we aim to do. Include patients and families at every level throughout the health care system.
Through conversations, sharing ideas, and inviting the patient in, the outcome will be better health care for everyone. It takes all of us working together to make our system the best it can be. We will listen more, engage often, and Include Always by involving patients and family members who:
- Help improve the quality of care for all patients and family members.
- Give feedback based on his or her own experiences as a patient or family member.
- Help plan changes to improve how Hutchinson Health takes care of patients.
- Provide a voice that represents all patients and families of patients.
- At Hutchinson Health, we Include Always.
Become a patient and family advisor. Advisors can help us in the following ways:
- Share your story. Advisors help by talking about their health care experiences with clinicians, staff, and other patients.
- Participate in discussion groups. Advisors tell us what it’s like to be a patient at Hutchinson Health and what we can do to improve.
- Review or help create educational or informational materials. Advisors help review or create materials like forms, health information handouts, and discharge instructions. Advisors help us make these materials easier for all patients and family members to understand and use.
- Work on short-term projects. We sometimes ask advisors to partner with us in making system and facility improvements.
- Serve on a patient and family advisory council. An advisory council discusses and plans changes to improve quality and safety. Members include patients, family members, and Hutchinson Health staff.